Saturday, October 11, 2014

Johnson County KS Historical Gamers Facebook Group



I finally decided to bite the bullet and start taking a few steps towards reaching out to other local historical wargamers through a facebook group I created called the "JOCO Historical Wargamers".  The overall hope/goal was to create a kind of "hub" on Facebook for fans of historical wargaming in and around the Johnson County, KS and Kansas City area to discuss the hobby, find new players, and hopefully arrange for some games at one of the local shops.  The page can be found HERE , and I'm posting this to tray and spread the word, and to get others involved on the off chance that someone from the area may stumble upon my blog.  Even if you are not from my neck of the woods, feel free to check it out if you'd like...

I'm hoping this works out, and grows into something worthwhile.  I know there are plenty of Historical gamers in my area, the trick is finding them!  This is the closest thing to a "gaming club" that we can get in my area (at least in my experience) so I'm definitely open to any and all ideas in regards to promotion, group building/growing, and keeping everyone engaged and interested!

The grand experiment has begun...

2 comments: