Thursday, July 10, 2014

Painted MYTH Boss - The Terror with 1,000 Legs...




 A few weeks ago, I finished up the big-crawler boss for MYTH, known as "The Terror with 1,000 Legs".  I ended up getting a little sidetracked, which is why I'm only posting it just now.  All in all, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  The goal was to follow the original artwork as much as possible, yet use colors that will match the rest of the crawlers I have painted.  I also wanted to give the grubs popping out from his/her/its back a bit of a nasty look.  It's hard to tell, but I used a mix of stuff to get a slimy look.  I used a special Tamiya paint intended for model car taillights to make the "births" look a bit bloody, I also used a mix of Vallejo still water and green paint, to create a greenish-clear, "ooze" that drips over the grubs and from each little "birthing spot", it's just a little bit difficult to see in the pictures...



2 comments: