Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Here I'm going to take a look at my "Dark/Bats" League deck, but before I do, let start off by defining what I mean by a "League Deck". Simply put, they are WIP decks intended for playing in the local Pokemon League, which can be a great spot to test out decks against a very broad spectrum of players. As such, these league decks, while some may have roots in competitive deck styles, they may be a bit un-optimized, and could use some tweaking. Some may even be just for fun. Regardless, they are decks and deck concepts I'm enjoying, experimenting with, and will continue to further develop and tweak. That is something I really enjoy in any card game, starting with a base deck, and continually developing it along the way... There you have it! Now when you hear me refer to one of my decks as a "League Deck" you will now kind of know what I mean. With that out the way, here's my "Dark/Bats" League Deck...
Lord of Runes
By Dave Gross
From the back of the book:
" Count Varian Jeggare and his hellspawn bodyguard Radovan are no strangers to the occult. Yet when Varian is bequeathed a dangerous magical book by an old colleague, the infamous investigators find themselves on the trail of a Necromancer bent on becoming the new avatar of an ancient and sinister demigod - one of the legendary Runelords. Along with a team of mercenaries and adventurers, the crime-solving duo will need to delve into a secret world of dark magic and the legacy of a lost empire. But in saving the world, will Varian and Radovan lose their souls?"
Monday, July 27, 2015
- Worked a bit on my "Saga Leftovers"...
- Picked up the "Battle Lance" box for Battletech, and have started working on them.
- Played a game of Saga vs Vikings, and finally won a game.
- My order of singles arrived, so I built several new Pokemon TCG decks, including a Metal Rayquaza and a Gallade/Bats deck that I'm really liking.
- Played a game of Rampage with my daughter.
- Played 13 games of Pokemon at the Pokemon League.
- Played a bit of Pokemon TCG Online, Hearthstone, War Thunder, and Guild Wars 2.
- I binge-watched Attack on Titan to see what all the fuss was about.
Books & Comics:
- Finished up "Lord of Runes" by Dave Gross. I've been in a bit of a Battletech mood lately, so I ordered "I am Jade Falcon" from amazon...
Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Recently, I finished up my 2nd unit of Warriors, which finishes up my base 6pt Saga army. Basically, it looks like this:
8x Warriors w/ Crossbows
16x Warriors on Foot
I'm still experimenting with different configurations during each game, but if you've been reading my "This Geek's Week" sections, you'll see that things have not been working out on the battlefield in my favor! I've mentioned this before, but Ive got a few more models to finish up before I have EVERYTHING in my collection painted, and afterwards, I've really got to decide what I want to do next. Pretty much I'm either going to start a Viking force, OR continue to tweak my Teutonic Knights in the form of more Crossbows and some mounted Warriors. On one hand, a 2nd force means I can get even more practice at home, playing Vikings vs Teutonic Knights, yet on the other hand adding to THIS force means I can continue to experiment, learn the game/army even more before moving on, or just have extra options to field.
Either way, the rush to have a fully painted Saga army is over!
Monday, July 20, 2015
|Just another day at the Pokemon League...|
- Worked some more on my Saga stuff, finishing up the 2nd group of foot warriors. This finishes up my first 6pt force. I've got a few extras to finish up, but I've started looking at what to do next. Do I add more stuff to this one? Start a 2nd force? Not sure yet, but I've got time to decide...
- Played 2 games of Wings of Glory.
- Played another game of Saga, got my butt handed to me again! I just cannot wrap my head around this game it seems...
- Played a game of
"Monster Killers" with my daughter.
- Picked up a copy of Krosmaster Arena and Elder Sign from a friend for cheap.
- Played a couple games of Krosmaster with my daughter, and she really enjoyed it! Now I gotta buy more stuff for it... More maps, new figures, etc.
- Played a game of Elder Sign with my daughter, and we got easily devoured by Yig!
- Purchased a TON of Pokemon singles... Multiple Rayquaza-EX's, multiple M Rayquazas, a couple of Shaymin-EX's, multiple Gallade-EX's, and several M Gallades for a deck I want to test out, as well as some random dragon deck stuff...
- Played 1 home game of the Pokemon TCG with my daughter, and 8 league games.
- Played a game of Boss Monster with my daughter.
- Played a bit of my old games: a bit of War Thunder, a bit of Guild Wars 2, even some TF2.
- Played more Pokemon OR, and managed to capture Groudon. I also ended up using Groudon and Gardevoir to easily defeat the Elite 4 and League champion. I was also finally able to evolve a Gallade.