Wednesday, April 15, 2015
I decided to do a little bit of "House Cleaning" on the side of blog, in the labels/links area. I noticed that the list was pretty large, and yet, it was filled with a lot of old games I don't really support. Some of the games only had a single post on here before going the way of the dinosaurs, and all of them were pretty outdated. Ive decided to trim it down to the handful of games that I'm currently playing, painting, or just generally am into and active with. I kept ALL the posts, many of which retained their respective labels like "Army List, Painted Miniatures, etc", I just moved them to the new label of "Archive/Old Games" and it's an easy enough effort to bring back all the posts for a single game if I pick them back and the posts become relevant again. As it stands, all the game-specific labels that remain are for games that you can continue to expect seeing posts about in the near future. The keen will notice a further shift of my interests from the old sci-fi/Fantasy genre, as well as pretty much giving up card games as whole . (Due to lack of time)
As always, if there are any comments or suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Let me know if there is anything you'd like to see posted on here as well!
Monday, April 13, 2015
Doing something a little bit differently this time....
- I've worked up a handful of ruins, loosely based on ruins seen in old photos of battles in Sicily/Italy. I'm on the process of working on them, which should hopefully get my close to having a good, filled out WWII table...
|Monster Killers. My daughter painted her own Skeletons...|
- Worked a wee bit on my FoW Shermans...
- My daughter wanted to play some 40k, or "KidHammer" as I call it with her. Basically 40k-lite, with 1 or 2 squads per side. She really must have liked it, cuz we played it 3 days in a row! We also played a round of FoW using just a platoon of tanks, and made up our own little semi-mordheim based game she calls "Monster Killers". This week she has been quite the little gamer, gaming almost daily this week!
- Played some War Thunder, unlocking the Tier 4 BF 109 G-10.
- I also rolled up a new Guild Wars 2 character, a Human Necromancer this time around. Seems pretty fun thus far...
The BIG Day...
International Tabletop Day:
- After work on Saturday, and seeing just how into gaming my daughter had been all this week, I decided to try and do a little something with her on Tabletop Day. We went to one of THE BEST stores in the area (Tabletop Game & Hobbies), and the place was PACKED! The crowed was a bit too much for my daughter, so after walking around, saying hi to all the people I knew, we made our way into the shop itself. From there, I let my daughter pick out a Pathfinder Battles miniature (she likes surprises) to use in out "Monster Killers" game, and I picked up the 2nd Crisis expansion for the DC Deckbuilder since I completely missed out on the 1st one. I also randomly found a few SAGA players, and if it wasn't for my Wife being with me, and giving me *the look*, I totally would have dove right into SAGA then and there!
- Once home, my daughter and I played a game of "Monster Killers", which I lost. We then played a game of "Kidhammer", which I also lost. I probably would have done more for Tabletop Day if it were not for going to a Sporting Kansas City match later that night. I really wanted to get in some FoW, Pathfinder ACG, maybe some Wings of Glory... maybe next year!
** Note: I did go back the next day (Sunday) to the LGS and picked up the SAGA: Crescent & Cross book along with some dice!
I'm now reading through the SAGA: C&C book, so look for some SAGA content coming in the near future...
Sunday, April 5, 2015
|... and lots of HUGS!|
- Helped paint my daughter's Battletech mech. It cracks me up, because I told her she could run a Mercenary unit, which she named the "autobots", and this time she chose an "Optimus" color scheme.
- Made a trip to the LGS, mainly for this "Dice Tonic" they created. I thought it was too funny to pass up, and figured it would look awesome on my Game Room shelf. While there I also picked a 2nd TIE Phantom, thinking that I didn't have one. (Oh well). I then played a game of X-Wing with my daughter...
- Ive got some more foam in, so I may try my hand once more at some WWII ruins... worse case scenario. I just end up crafting more rocky hills.
- Ran Sajan through the Blackfang keep, Attack on Sandpoint, and Local Heroes, in the Pathfinder ACG...
- Picked up the Wizard Class deck for Parhfinder, mainly for Darago, the Necromancer character. I plan to use him for my group games mostly...
- Played a round of the Pokemon CCG with my nephew visiting us from Tennessee...
- Played a bit of War Thunder...
- I've been listening to a lot of the podacst called: "Guild Ball Tonight", if you are interested in GB, and have not already done so, give em a listen! There is a lot of discussion on the game, which is impressive considering the game isn't even truly out just yet!
Monday, March 30, 2015
|Finished up the 2 spare Panzer III's I had. An L and N respectively, escorts for my Tiger...|
- Finished up the two Panzer III's from Flames of War that will act as an escort for my Tiger in Mid War.
- Played a dry run of FoW. 1710 MidWar, US Rangers vs my HG Panzerkompanie, and it could not have gone worse for the US! Planes did nothing, no reserves ever showed up (delayed reserves), and once the Pz IV's took out the Shermans, they just casually rolled onto the objective. Not a single German casualty...
- Played a game of the Pathfinder ACG. Sajan ended up dying due to extremely crappy rolls. Now I have to redo his deck and start over...
- Been playing a bit of War Thunder lately, and I've actually been having a lot of luck with the US planes. I've also been playing a lot of German tanks as well.
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
I've been following a game called Guild Ball for awhile now, since it was first posted on Kickstarter. I chose not to back it for a couple of reasons, all of which had nothing to really do with Steamforge Games, but rather due to past experience backing games on KS. Nevertheless, I've been super excited for this game since day 1! Steamforge Games is a small company based in the UK, so it will take some before the game hits US shores, but I'm having a hard time containing myself! I may look into buying a ton of stuff and seeing about having it shipped over just to get my hands on it sooner! It has been a long, long, LONG time since I have been this excited and passionate about a game too, which is really refreshing. There are a number of reasons why I'm excited, namely, I'm huge soccer fan, Ive played it all of my life, up to a bit of indoor stuff in college, and it is the one sport I continue to follow to this day. I'm also a bit of a fan of fantasy sports games, and I find every gamer should have at least one light, fun, sports game in their arsenal, that they can just pull out for a match every now and then. As I'm sure many of you know, I am an avid planner, and one of the things I like to do when I start posting about a new game is to outline some of my plans. So, below are just a few of my plans for Guild Ball, as well as showing off some of the teams and minis I like...
|The Engineer's Guild...|